We are Hybrid News Group (UK), a fast-growing digital business with online news platforms read by millions every month. To keep moving our Editorial standards forward, we are looking for a Tech Writer to join our expanding Kuala Lumpur News Bureau.
We are a dynamic, fun business with an extremely ambitious content strategy that will see us produce more engaging content in new and exciting formats to our growing audience (6 million unique visitors every month).
In 2016 our Editorial/Create team doubled in size. We launched TechWireAsia.com in July 2016 and it is now one of fastest growing Tech News Platforms in Asia reaching over 1 million UVís a month.
Working as part of an established Editorial team, the candidate will be responsible for writing in depth features and analysis as well as producing engaging content on the Tech landscape across Asia.. The workflow will be a combination of independent reporting and working on bespoke client advertising campaigns. The successful candidate will operate with the support of company stakeholders and staff.
- Reporting on trending regional Tech News stories.
- Utilising analysts tool (NewsWhip) to report on trending news stories before they have broken.
- Uphold house style through all editorial work.
- Keep on top of digital/tech trends to further enhance your contribution.
- Ad-hoc editing of freelance copy or material.
- Building contact base within tech industry (e.g. innovators/entrepreneurs/business managers/change makers) to break news stories.
- Ability to write shareable news content and repackage stories in an appealing way.
- Ensure grammatical accuracy and guarding editorial standards.
To be successful at this job what do I need?
- Voracious appetite for regional tech news.
- Expert experience in writing engaging digital news content.
- Experience covering pan Asian Tech News.
- Proficiency in uploading through CMS (Wordpress).
- A clear grasp of editorial standards and workflow processes.
- Experience in working with high profile clients on advertorials.
- An ability to manage projects simultaneously.
- Great attention to detail and be highly organised.
- Upbeat and positive personality.
- Work with some of the top Editorial talent in Asia.
- The opportunity to travel and report on topics around Asia.
- Competitive Salary & regular pay reviews.
- 12 days holiday.
- Access to a gym and swimming pool in the office building.
- Fantastic prizes (our last winners won a holiday to a luxury 5* Hotel in Thailand and a 65" HDTV)
- Free fruit, tea and coffee.
- Regular inspiration & team events
Direct applications are welcome via phone and email to our own Recruitment Manager - Corey Archard.
Direct Phone: +44 117 244 3183