- Join an ambitious, fast-moving media company publishing leading websites
- Brand new A-grade offices in Kuala Lumpur (Sentral)
- Supportive, collaborative and talented editorial team
- Publish & share your enthusiasm for tech in the region
Who we are:
Hybrid News Group is a high growth, successful and independent media company with niche internet brands in Asia and emerging markets.
We are a fun, dynamic business with more than 60 staff members in three offices worldwide - and we are looking to grow our numbers quickly.
Last year, our Kuala Lumpur editorial hub marked major milestones; from expanding our digital audience to hit six million monthly uniques to making waves in the international arena by snagging a journalism scholarship for one of our writers, our ambitious team showed true mettle.
In 2016 our editorial team doubled in size. We launched TechWireAsia.com in July 2016 and it is now one of fastest growing tech news platforms in Asia reaching over 1.5 million unique visitors a month.
Working as part of an established editorial team, we are looking for a true digital journalist who will be responsible for writing in depth features and analysis as well as producing engaging content on the Tech landscape across Asia.
You will be used to data-driven journalism to tell untold stories and find new angles. You will be able to conceptualise, publish, distribute over social media and measure the success of your stories.
- Reporting on trending regional tech news stories
- Utilising analytics tools (e.g. NewsWhip) to report on trending news stories before they have broken
- Uphold house style through all editorial work
- Keep on top of digital/tech trends to further enhance your contribution
- Ad-hoc editing of freelance copy or material
- Building contact base within tech industry (e.g. innovators/entrepreneurs/business managers change makers) to break news stories
- Ability to write shareable news content and repackage stories in an appealing way
- Ensure grammatical accuracy and guarding editorial standards
To be successful at this job what do I need?
- Degree level qualification
- Excellent English writing skills and experience of writing technical media
- Ability to write fresh engaging content about commercial partners
- Active social media presence
- Strong work ethic, with an excellent track record of delivering to an editorial schedule
- Enterprising, ambitious and willing to learn
- Positive attitude and upbeat personality
In Hybrid News, you'll get to be a part of a young, talented and dynamic team of critical thinkers always ready to challenge the status quo and push creative boundaries.
We believe strongly in teamwork and camaraderie, so any member of the Hybrid family will benefit from an office culture of brown bag meetings, outside-office social meet-ups and annual team building activities.
Our fast-paced and constantly evolving work environment means you'll be building your confidence and expanding your skill set quickly and efficiently, immediately making you an invaluable asset in your field everywhere you go.
Direct applications are welcome via phone and email to our own Recruitment Manager - Corey Archard.
Direct Phone: +44 117 244 3183