- Grow your digital journalism skills while being paid
- Transfer to our busy Asian news hub in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Superb opportunity to develop professionally and personally
- Develop your career in a rapidly expanding online media company
We want to take on board the best and brightest journalistic talent as our company expands.
Hybrid News Group is a high-growth, successful and independent media company with niche internet brands in Asia and emerging markets.
We are a fun, dynamic business with more than 60 staff members in three offices worldwide – and we are looking to grow our numbers.
Our Kuala Lumpur editorial hub has been expanding our digital audience, hitting eight million monthly web uniques, and making waves internationally by snagging a renowned journalism scholarship for one of our writers (the Jefferson Fellowship). Our ambitious team’s journalistic pedigree is going from strength to strength in this changing industry, writing and creating content for our youthful, digitally-engaged audience.
- Contribute ideas for original content and produce work combining high integrity and optimal social outreach
- Develop commercial opportunities with brilliant branded content
- Grow and engage with our audience via unique storytelling methods and multimedia tools
- Use social media to promote & grow your (and the company's) reputation
- Maintain the highest levels of personal and editorial integrity at all times
To be successful at this job what do I need?
- Degree level qualification (ideally in Journalism or similar)
- High level of emotional intelligence and the ability to shift perspective
- Excellent English and experience of writing and/or content creation
- Possess the strength of character to relish the prospect of work abroad
- Ability to create engaging and share-able content
- To have embraced digital platforms to further your nascent career
- A strong work ethic and the ability to deliver high-quality material to a tight editorial schedule
- Be enterprising, ambitious and willing to learn
- Have a positive and upbeat personality and be great advocate of the values of Hybrid News Group
- The opportunity to jump-start your career
- Excellent training, support and development program
- Live and work in Kuala Lumpur
- Financial package includes salary, flights, accommodation costs, health insurance etc.
- A great work culture with regular team events, incentives and social activities
To apply for an internship, please follow this link.